Magic Maketu is a community project based in Maketu, New Zealand. Our projects and services include literacy, computing, online learning, environment care, animal and wild life’s well being.
Visit our new learning centre website where you can find some home cooked, healthy, quick and cheap recipes shared by Chef Kong. You can also enroll and learn about website making and more. Join our new casual chess club, and learn to play international chess or chinese chess. Playing chess can help players of all ages (primary to senior) on brain stimulation and exercise on logic and strategies. You can now post unlimited notices from garage sale to jobs, on our new and updated community notice board website. It has been rebuilt to allow quick, easy and free posting of community notices online. Our first cartoon book will be printed and published in New Zealand in November 2019. To help in reducing greenhouse gas emission we choose to use recycled paper for this publication and for any future productions. Net proceeds from this book sale will go to charity and animal welfare organizations.
Magic Maketu is sponsored by the Ngow Foundation, and is a member of some community organizations. Be happy. May all beings be happy!
- free websites – we sponsor, build and maintain websites for any non-profit making community project or charity group
- community notice board (new) – place your ads for free
- backyard nursery – native manuka seedlings going to good home
- home cooked recipes (new) – useful, healthy, quick and cheap recipes
- BRO & BRO cartoon bird book (new) – created by Kong Cartoon to raise awareness of environment, animal and wild life well being.
- adult literacy and numeracy – tutorial on reading, writing, arithmetic, form filling, letter writing, road code, weekly one-on-one tutorial (in association with Literacy Aotearoa, New Zealand)
- spoken Mandarin lessons – take it easy, learn at your own pace
- English language ESOL home tutorial – learn English for speakers of other languages, working with refugees and migrants, weekly one-on-one tutorial (in association with the English Language Partners, New Zealand)
- community learning centre (new) – free resources and online training courses
- web design for beginners – learn how to make a simple website for your business, project or hobby
- communication (new) – using email, chat, video conference, voice call on the internet.
- translation & interpretation – English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa Malaysia. We can help you to overcome some language barrier, if there is any
- working bees – tree planting, landscaping, beach clean up
- computer help desk – ask the computer man (in association with Vincent House Recovery Trust, and Rotary Maketu).
Chess club (all ages)
Play chess can prevent Alzheimer’s disease, stimulate the imagination, dis-entomb the brain function, and promote the intelligence development.
- International chess (new) – play or learn how to play chess
- Chinese chess (new) – play or learn how to play one of the oldest board games in the World.
- Learning Centre
- BRO & BRO
- Notice Board
- Community Store
- Literacy Aotearoa
- Vincent House Recovery Trust
- English Language Partners New Zealand
- Rotary Maketu
- The Ngow Foundation